Communication is Key!
As we navigate the impacts of COVID-19 on our community, we would like to share some suggestions for managing the cancellation of your spring season:.
By embedding simple Google form (or similar) on your website, you can give parents the option to:
- Donate previously paid Spring fees to your non-profit organization
- Receive a future credit toward the Fall season
- Have registration fees reimbursed
Communicate with your families:
- Encourage charitable giving as a means to keep your non-profit club up and running in these trying times
- If a donation isn't feasible, recommend a future discount as an alternative
- Remind members that refunds are a manual process and will take time to execute, particularly in mass quantities
Sample Member Email:
In light of the current impacts of COVID-19 in our state, we unfortunately have to make the difficult decision to cancel the Spring season. As a result, here are the options available to our families:
- We will post a link on our website to handle requests for one of three options:
- Apply Spring fees as a donation to our non-profit organization
- Request a credit to be applied to the Fall season
- Request a reimbursement back to your family
- The link will be active from Wednesday, April 1 through Friday, May 1
- An email will be sent to all registered players when the link is active and ready
- NOTE: If you do not indicate your choice by May 1, your registration will automatically be applied as a donation to the Club
Reimbursement & Donation Notes:
- Donations: We are a 501(c)(3) organization and we rely heavily on registration dollars to fund our Club. If you are able to apply your Spring registration payment as a donation to the Club, this will help us continue to provide programming to our community in future seasons.
- Please note that all donations are tax deductible
- Credit: If you would like to request a future credit, we will create a household discount that will be automatically applied to the Fall season for the player who was actively registered this Spring.
- Reimbursement: If you would like to request reimbursement of Spring fees, we will process them as quickly as we can, but please bear in mind:
- We have XXX players registered in our Club
- Reimbursement is a MANUAL process
- So, please be patient - we will take care of every request as quickly as possible
- Please do not dispute credit card charges with your bank as this will only incur additional fees to the Club. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us!
We wish all the best to our partners and their families during these unprecedented times. Be well, take care of each other and do not hesitate to contact us with any concerns.